Calzone di Lamb
Lamb and 2 cheese calzones. Tasty and simple.
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 8 oz of fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 package of spinach
- 5 small mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small yellow or white onion
- 2 oz goat cheese
- Parmesean, to taste
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 can flaky layer biscuits ( 8 count)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Dice onions and spinach. Set aside. Heat medium saucepan for 7 minutes. Once pan is hot place stick of butter, ground lamb, salt, pepper, onions, spinach and mushrooms into pan.
Cook until lamb is no longer pink. Once all ingredients are cooked, remove pan from heat and allow mixture to cool.
While lamb mixture is cooling open can of biscuits. press biscuit dough into large circles. Cut slices of the mozzarella and spread a small amount of goat cheese on one half of the biscuit. Place 2 spoonfuls of the cooled lamb mixture on top of the cheese .
Fold the dough over the lamb and cheese and press edges with a fork. Sprinkle salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese on top of the calzones. Repeat with all biscuits.
Cook 10 - 15 min at 350 degrees. Allow 5 minutes for calzones to cool.
You'll also love
- Tex-Mex Calzones 2.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Eggplant Parm 2.8/5 (10 Votes)
- pigs and blanket with cheese 2.8/5 (10 Votes)
- Mom's Lasagna 2.8/5 (10 Votes)
- The Easiest Chicken Enchiladas 2.8/5 (19 Votes)
- Creamed Chicken and biscuits 2.8/5 (4 Votes)
- DO NOT PRINT 2.3/5 (56 Votes)
- Green asparagus and goat cheese... 2.5/5 (11 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.