This is a classic favorite in my family. My brother loves to cook too and try's to duplicate my Mom's recipe at family gathering. He does a good job at it to BUT its not mom's, if you know what I mean.
- 1 Large Eggplant
- skinned and cut into slices 1/4 inch thick
- 2 Large eggs (beaten)
- 1c Italian Style Bread Crumbs
- Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cans of Campbell's Tomato soup
- 1 c of shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 c of Parmesan cheese
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Cut of purple skin on Eggplant, and cut of ends. Slice them into 1/4 inch slices. Dip into a pie shell with the beaten eggs in them and then in the pie shell with the bread crumbs. Coat both sides. Put a small amount of olive oil into a non stick frying pan. Enough to cover the bottom of the pan
Brown on both sides on Medium heat. Pour 1 can of tomato soup on the bottom of a casserole baking pan. Spread out with a spoon. Place each browned up eggplant in layers till filled up or you run out of eggplant.
Then top with other can of tomato soup then parmesan and mozzarella cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees Shut off oven and let it sit for additional 10-15 minutes. Remove and eat.
Key it to let it set up in the oven after its been cooked. Taste really good the next day too if you have any left over that is.
You'll also love
- Eggplant parmesan 3.4/5 (159 Votes)
- Eggplant Parmesan 4.4/5 (34 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Southwestern Chicken and Black... 2.8/5 (10 Votes)
- pigs and blanket with cheese 2.8/5 (10 Votes)
- Mom's Lasagna 2.8/5 (10 Votes)
- World Famous Mashed Potatoes 2.9/5 (5 Votes)
- Grilled Cabbage 2.7/5 (19 Votes)
- Raspberry Tiramisu 2.9/5 (27 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Cheesy Cauliflower Pizza Cups are just what you need when snack o'clock rolls around!
- 1/2 cauliflower head
- 8 eggs for cauliflower mix
- 4-6 cups shredded cheese
- 6 slices salami
- 6 tbsp pizza Sauce
- Boil diced cauliflower in salted water until tender.
- Blend, then transfer to mixing bowl.
- Mix in 2 eggs, pepper and 2 cups of shredded cheese
- Share the cauliflower mixture out between 6 ramekins, forming little cups
- Add 1 cup of shredded cheese
- Bake for 25 min at 375°F
- Add a slice of salami, a tbsp of pizza sauce, and one raw egg to each ramekin
- Top with cheese and return to oven for 7 min at 375°F
- Serve, and enjoy!