Eggplant Parmesan recipes - 4 recipes
Eggplant parmesan is an Italian dish that consists of layering sliced eggplant, tomato sauce and cheese. The trifecta is then baked in a shallow casserole dish. Whether you choose to fry your eggplants first or add ground meat or herbs, eggplant parmesan is a hearty comfort food that can be made with lots of variation. Explore our recipes and find the right eggplant parmesan recipe for you.
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Eggplant Parmesan recipes
By Danièle du blog Un Instant Cuisine
Preheat the broiler. Cover two hotplates with parchment paper
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 4 medium eggplants, cut into 3 lengthwise and drizzle with olive oil on each side.
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 cups of homemade tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella
- 1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
Served with angel hair pasta and fresh mozzarella
- 1 ripe eggplant sliced
- 1 lb of fresh mozzarella sliced
- 3 cups of bread crumbs
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 package of angel hair pasta
- 1 jar of tomatoe sauce
David's Eggplant Parm
David's Eggplant Parm. Discover our recipe
- 2 1/2 lb medium eggplants (about 3), cut crosswise into 1/3-inch-thick rounds
- 3 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 5 lb plum tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups plus 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 20 fresh basil leaves, torn in half
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 large eggs
- 3 1/2 cups panko * (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 2 ozfinely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano (2/3 cup)
- 1 lb chilled fresh mozzarella (not unsalted), thinly sliced
This is a classic favorite in my family
- 1 Large Eggplant, skinned and cut into slices 1/4 inch thick
- 2 Large eggs (beaten)
- 1c Italian Style Bread Crumbs
- Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cans of Campbell's Tomato soup
- 1 c of shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 c of Parmesan cheese