By Danièle du blog Un Instant Cuisine
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 4 medium eggplants
- cut into 3 lengthwise and drizzle with olive oil on each side.
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 cups of homemade tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella
- 1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat the broiler.
Cover two hotplates with parchment paper.
Place the eggplant slices and put the grill 5 minutes on each side until brown and tender. Allow to cool.
Meanwhile, in bowl mix the breadcrumbs and Parmesan.
Preheat oven to 350 ° F. In a baking dish, place 2/3 cup of tomato sauce, 4 slices of eggplant, tomato sauce 2/3 cup, 1/2 cup mozzarella, 1/2 cup breadcrumbs / parmesan. Repeat twice, then cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil, sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture / Parmesan, and bake 10 minutes more. Wait 10 minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- Moong Daal Recipe 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Simple Roasted Squash Soup 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Risotto with mushrooms 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Roasted Red Potatoes 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Sloppy Joes with Eggplant 4/5 (33 Votes)
- Spaghetti Sauce 4.2/5 (18 Votes)
- Stuffed Eggplant 4.2/5 (41 Votes)
- Super Easy Italian Chicken 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!