Veggie Gratin. Discover our recipe.
- 1 package of 14 oz peeled tomatoes in pieces
- 5 oz (about 2/3 the package) cream cheese
- A knob of butter
- 1 tbsp coarse sea salt
- 2 potatoes medium size firm flesh
- 1 eggplant
- 1 cube of vegetable broth
- 1 onion
- 2 small cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp finely chopped thyme
- 1/2 cup cheese gratin
- Olive oil
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Cut the potatoes and eggplants into slices of 1/2 cm. Sprinkle the eggplant slices with coarse salt and let set. This will remove any bitterness. Cook the potatoes in point.
Preheat the oven to 350 ° F.
Chop the onion and garlic, fry in 2 tablespoons of olive oil and add the tomatoes and bouillon cube. Simmer a few minutes and season with salt and pepper.
Place a thin layer of sliced potatoes in a lightly buttered baking dish, coat with a thin layer of cream cheese and pepper. Add a layer of well dried eggplant slices, add a pinch of finely chopped thyme then pour half the tomato sauce on the composition.
Repeat and finish with a thin layer of cheese to brown. Bake 30 minutes in the oven. Serve hot.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Eggplant 3.9/5 (430 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Authentic Puerto Rican Domplines 4.3/5 (183 Votes)
- Lemon Cream Cheese Pound Cake 4/5 (176 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Savoyarde Crozet Pasta Bake 4.5/5 (128 Votes)
- PINEAPPLE CREAM PUFFS 4.1/5 (151 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Frosting 4.8/5 (53 Votes)
- Apricot Cranberry Chutney 4.7/5 (43 Votes)
- Peppers stuffed with goat cheese 3.5/5 (159 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!