Italian Bread Bowls
- 2 1/2 cups warm water
- 2 envelopes active dry yeast (1/4 ounce)
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 7 cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp cornmeal
- 1 egg white
- 1 Tbsp water
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Stir together 2 1/2 cups water and yeast in a large bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Stir in salt and oil
Add flour gradually, beating at medium speed with an electric mixer until a soft dough forms.
Turn dough out onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic (4 to 6 minutes). Place in a lightly greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts 35 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
Punch dough down; and divide into 8 equal portions. Shape each portion into a 4 inch round loaf. Place loaves on a lightly greased baking sheets with cornmeal.
Cover and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts, 35 minutes or until doubled in bulk
Stir together egg and 1 Tbsp water, brush over loaves
Bake at 400 for 15 minutes. Brush with remaining eff mixture and bake 10 to 15 more minutes or until golden. Cool on wire racks., Freeze up to 1 month if desired.
Cut a 1/2 inch thick slice from top of each loaf, scoop out centers, leaving 3/4-inch thick shells. fill bread bowls with hot soup and serve immediately.
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn A recipe for the Italian soup you... 3.9/5 (17 Votes)
- Olive Garden Tiramisu 3.9/5 (16 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Peruvian Salsa Verde 3.9/5 (34 Votes)
- Diver Selected Scallops 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Mom's Banana Bread 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Crunch 3.9/5 (32 Votes)
- Lime Rickey 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Bread Bowl Chipped Beef Dip 4/5 (16 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!