Peruvian Salsa Verde
This spicy, green cilantro based sauce is my version of a very popular Peruvian salsa. It's the perfect accompaniment for rice and meats and is delicious on fish tacos or even by itself as a dip.
- 1 bunch cilantro(stems removed)
- 1 small red onion
- 3-4 sweet colored peppers
- 1 large jalapeno(seeds removed)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Roast all peppers, jalepeno, onion and garlic using a large 2 prong fork. Rotate over a medium flame (if you are using a gas stove) until they are blackened. This can also be done in the oven or a dry frying pan.
Add all ingredients to food processor, drizzle the olive oil over the top and season with salt and pepper.
Blend until smooth.
The first step is key. Roasting the peppers, garlic and onion gives the sauce a deep smoky flavor . Removing the seeds from the jalepenos helps control the spice.
You'll also love
- Roasted Red Pepper Garlic Fries 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Tomato Sambhar 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Diver Selected Scallops 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Dip 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Tortilla Soup 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Ginger Shortbread 3.9/5 (33 Votes)
- Amy (mom)'s sweet potato supreme 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- All Raw Soup 3.9/5 (20 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
Review this recipe