- Tomato - 1 1/2 cups
- Sweet pumpkin - 1 cup
- Carrots - 1 cup
- Tuar dal - 1 cup steamed
- Small onions- 20 to 30 peeled
- Sambhar powder -1 1/2 tablespoon
- Coriander leaves
- For sauteing
- Green chilli
- Curry leaves
- Methi seeds
- Red chillies -2
- Tuar dal
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Pressure cook tuar dal.
Saute all spices and small onions in oil and add water.
Add sambhar powder and salt.
Bring to boil.
After 10 min., add cooked tuar dal and simmer for 5 minutes.
Garnish with coriander leaves.
You'll also love
- Recipewe ♡ Blackkk Bean Humus 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Puttu 4/5 (33 Votes)
- Garlic Bread Dip 3.8/5 (51 Votes)
- Pala (Banana fruit) appam...A... 4.1/5 (25 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Amelia's Potato Pancakes/Latkas 3.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Egg omelette curry 3.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Sweet Tomato Chutney 4.1/5 (26 Votes)
- Sausage Gravy 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.