The Classic BLT
The BLT is one of the best uncomplicated sandwiches out there. It showcases three simple ingredients that go together exceptionally well: Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato (oh, and lots of mayonnaise!). Try our easy recipe now!
- 4 slices sandwich bread (toasted)
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1 heirloom tomato (sliced)
- 2 Romaine lettuce leaves
- 8 tbsp mayonnaise
- Cracked black pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Cook the bacon slices in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crispy and browned. Flip after 5 minutes, then cook for 5 minutes more. Set aside.
Spread each slice of bread with 2 tbsp mayonnaise.
Top two slices of bread with the romaine lettuce leaves.
Add the heirloom tomato slices.
Top with a pinch of freshly cracked black pepper.
Add the bacon.
Top with the remaining slices of bread (mayonnaise-side down).
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn Tomato Tart 4.4/5 (42 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ bacon wrapped asparagus 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Tomato mozzarella toast 4.4/5 (34 Votes)
- Ashley's Nova Scotia & Lox 4.4/5 (33 Votes)
- Healthy Red Onion and Broccoli... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Summer Salad with Dried... 4.3/5 (34 Votes)
- salads 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!
Review this recipe