Healthy Red Onion and Broccoli Salad with Homemade Dressing
from Auntie Donna
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 4 cups chopped broccoli florets & peeled stems
- 1/4 cup red onion - sliced & chopped
- 3 to 4 bacon strips
- cooked & crumbled
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Mix dressing, toss with broccoli, onions & sunflower seeds.
Sprinkle bacon on top.
You'll also love
- Potato Wedges 4.1/5 (20 Votes)
- Poppyseed Chicken 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Hot spinach dip 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Salad "Necklace" 4/5 (28 Votes)
- Sweet Chilli Turkey Bacon Wrapped... 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Wild Rice and Broccoli Cassarole 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Green Papaya Salad 4.3/5 (22 Votes)
- Kale and Quinoa Salad 4/5 (15 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
This Gluten-Free Broccoli Pizza is original, healthy and super tasty!
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 egg
- 1 ¾ cups of your favorite shredded cheese (we recommend two types- 1 cup of one, ¾ cup of the other)
- 1 cup tomato sauce (or canned crushed tomatoes)
- ¾ cup shredded cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- 9 slices coppa ham
- Cut the broccoli and boil until soft.
- Place the broccoli in a blender.
- In a bowl, add an egg and ¾ cup of shredded cheese, mix until solid.
- Form a ball and roll it flat on an oven tray.
- Bake in the oven for 20 min at 350° F.
- Once out of the oven, spread the tomato sauce evenly on the broccoli crust.
- Layer 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Place a layer of Coppa ham.
- Top off with of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Slide it back into the oven until the cheese melts.