Rice and Tomato salad
By Christiane Devaux
- Rice (6 tablespoons should be good)
- Pineapple (small can or half a fresh pineapple)
- Tomatoes (a large tomato)
- Olive oil
- Reduced sugar ketchup
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Cook rice, drain and cool.
Cut tomatoes into small wedges and add them to the cold rice.
Cut pineapple into small cubes and add to rice
Prepare the dressing by putting a little olive oil mixed with reduced-sugar ketchup (pineapple is already sweet at the base).
Salt and pepper lightly. Mix everything together, taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
You'll also love
- Sour Cream and Onion Easy Cheese... 4.7/5 (42 Votes)
- Quick and Easy Hummus 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Cheesy Bacon Broccoli Salad with... 4.3/5 (42 Votes)
- Asian Chicken Salad 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Spinach Brown Rice Cereal! 4.3/5 (33 Votes)
- Momma's Quick Specialty 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Tropical fruit salad 4.6/5 (62 Votes)
- Pineapple Chicken 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.