Summer Salad with Dried Cranberries, Fresh Fruit, Gorgonzola Cheese & Balsamic Vinaigrette
Fresh fruit, mixed greens, dried cranberries, tangy gorgonzola and toasted pecans make up this wholesome light salad that's perfect for summer meals.
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries
- 3 tbsp gorgonzola cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans
- 1/4 cup seasonal fruit
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cost Average budget
For the dressing, combine the balsamic vinegar, sugar, lemon juice and salt, then gradually add the olive oil while whisking constantly. Once emulsified, add pepper to taste.
Or add all ingredients to a mason jar, close tightly with the lid and shake until the ingredients are combined.
Toss the greens in a small amount of dressing.
Put the salad greens in the middle and sprinkle the remaining ingredients on top. Add more dressing, if desired.
You'll also love
- Lemon Cheesecake 4.2/5 (68 Votes)
- Melon Nanners Oh So Minty 4.3/5 (32 Votes)
- Summer Squash Frittata 3.7/5 (81 Votes)
- Armenian Potato Salad 4.2/5 (38 Votes)
- Spinach Brown Rice Cereal! 4.3/5 (31 Votes)
- Truffle Oil Vinaigrette 4/5 (35 Votes)
- Spicy Beef & Rice Lettuce Wrap 3.8/5 (38 Votes)
- Mom's Caesar Salad Dressing 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.