Mixed greens salad with balsamic vinaigrette
Nice and light summer salad
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries
- 3 tbsp gorgonzola cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans
- 1/4 cup seasonal fruit
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1/4c balsamic vinegar
- 1c extra virgin olive oil
- tbsp sugar
- tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cost Average budget
mix the vinegar, sugar, lemon juice and salt while gradually adding the olive oil. Once emulsified, add salt and pepper to taste
Toss the greens in a small amount of dressing with your fingers to test the amount of oil coating the leaves - should not be heavy
Slice the cucumber into long thin strips and place as a garnish around the plate. Put the salad greens in the middle and layer the rest of the ingredients.
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn Garlic and Parsley Domplines 4.4/5 (170 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ The Best Chocolate Bark, That is... 4.3/5 (80 Votes)
- Apricot Cranberry Chutney 4.7/5 (43 Votes)
- Grilled Chicken Cesar Pasta Salad 4.7/5 (31 Votes)
- Low Fat Mushroom Soup 4.8/5 (26 Votes)
- Mom's Armenian Rice 4.6/5 (34 Votes)
- Green salad with salmon and avocado 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Aunt Georgann's Dressing 5/5 (1 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.