Watch out for these ‘light’ summer meals that are anything but!
Beware of "light" summer fare. These are the meals you thought were good for you, but they actually house tons of hidden calories!
What? There's HOW many calories in my salad?!
We all have a recipe that makes our mouths water just talking about it. The brain is an epic reserve for memories, and the things we've tasted in our lives fill a good chunk of it. The faintest smell or taste of your favorite dish, and you go weak in the knees.
You might not be overjoyed, however, to know that most of your favorite foods won't make you a featherweight... But hey, we're just putting the info out there (we encourage occasional indulgences of course) because at the end of the day, we're all about eating for pleasure!
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.