Waffles: Easy Light 'n' Crispy
Belgian light and crispy waffles.
- 2 Eggs separated
- 2 cups Milk
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 tbsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/3 cup Oil
- Cooking Spray
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 5mins
Cost Average budget
Heat your waffle iron.
Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form *.
Put remaining ingredients in a large bowl and mix them by hand **.
GENTLY fold in the egg whites into the batter using a spatula. ***
Spray iron with cooking spray.
Pour batter so that 3/4 of the iron is covered; try to spread it out so there is about a 1/2" border on all sides of the iron.
Cook according to your waffle iron settings - generally until you see the steam stop.
* Be careful you don't go past the 'stiff peak' stage because it is possible to whip eggs so much that the internal structure of them will break and collapse - if this happens, you have no choice but to start over with new eggs.
** Don't over-mix the waffles; waffles need a gentle hand - your batter should still have some clumps in it.
*** You literally scoop batter over and under.. trying to cover all the egg whites and mix it in the batter, but being careful not to stir so much that you collapse the egg whites. You are doing this so your batter is nice and light and crispy.
You'll also love
- Low Fat Mushroom Soup 4.8/5 (32 Votes)
- Crispy spring rolls 4.3/5 (49 Votes)
- Chocolate Brownie Waffles 4.1/5 (35 Votes)
- Amazing Homemade Waffles 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Waffles 4/5 (19 Votes)
- Quick Oatmeal Cookies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- My Go-To Peanut Butter Cookies... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grandma's Banana Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Who do you know that would love these delicious baked egg and ham cups?