20 healthy snacks your kids can take to school
Here are 20 healthy snack ideas that will keep your kids away from the vending machine, just in time for back-to-school!
Cure your kids' afternoon hunger pangs
The sooner you teach your kids about smart snacking habits, the better. Otherwise, the temptation of candy, chips and other junk food will set them up for poor performance in school and derail them from leading a healthy lifestyle later on. Here are 20 nutritious afternoon snacks that will make your job easier and keep the kids satisfied until dinner.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Did you know you can toast sweet potato slices... and it's absolutely delicious!
- Slice an avocado in half.
- In a bowl, combine avocado with half an onion (diced) and coriander.
- Add the juice from half a lemon and some salt, and mix.
- Cut a sweet potato into 1/2 inch slices.
- Place in a toaster, making sure to toast both sides.
- Spread the avocado mix onto the toast. Enjoy!