- 1 cucumber (do not peel)
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbs sugar
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- (few slices of onion-optional)
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Slice cucumber thin.
Sprinkle with salt/pepper, add the vinegar, keep in refrigerator in a covered bowl -- can be used in 24 hours.
You'll also love
- Cheese Danish Squares 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- All Hail the Kale Chips! 3.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Tomato Cream Sauce 3.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Grill Tinfoil Potatos 3.7/5 (19 Votes)
- Copycat King’s Hawaiian Rolls 3.2/5 (23 Votes)
- Blue cheese crackers 4/5 (18 Votes)
- pickles 2.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Japanese Cucumber Salad 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!