Protein Bombs: 20 vegetarian recipes that will make meat-eaters envious
Whether you want to eat less meat or don't eat any at all, here are 20 mouthwatering protein-packed recipes that don't even need it!
Hold the meat
Meat is an excellent source of protein—there's no arguing with that. But we don't need as much of it as we think, and there are some who claim it's not even necessary at all. If you're worried about protein intake, these 20 mouthwatering recipes prove you don't need to beef it up or pound the poultry to get the right amount! Your meat-eating buddies will want what you're having asap. Recipes are all for one serving.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!