Spicy lentils and smoked tofu
- 8 oz yellow lentil
- 2 carrots
- 1 potato
- 1 stalk of celery
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 shallots
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon aniseed
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 2 tablespoon Indian curry
- 3 kafir leaves
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 oz smoked tofu
- Salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 1mins
Cost Average budget
Peel the carrots and potatoes, wash them and cut them into cubes. Peel and chop the shallots and garlic. Wash celery, cut into sticks, cut the tomatoes into cubes.
Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a dutch oven. Add the anise seeds, coriander, thyme, garlic and chopped shallots. Let brown 5 minutes (low heat).
Add carrots, celery and potatoes, until golden 5mns. Pour the lentils, tomatoes. Add the curry and kafir.
Pepper and pour in 50 ounces of water.
Cover and simmer 40 minutes. Add salt at the end of cooking. Just before serving, cut the tofu into strips. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a skillet, add tofu and fry 2 mins each side. Serve the lentils and tofu hot.
You'll also love
- Akkara vadisal... A sweet rice... 3.8/5 (31 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Asparagus Omelet 3.8/5 (28 Votes)
- Danish Cucumbers 3.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Naada (A savory snack). 3.8/5 (27 Votes)
- Tofu with Mushroom in Sesame Sauce 4.1/5 (19 Votes)
- KOREAN GIMBOP 3.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Lentil Curryy 2 3.2/5 (352 Votes)
- Healthy Halloween hehehe cookies 2.9/5 (13 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!