Lauki Chana Dal ( Bottle gourd & Lentil curry)
- 1) Split Bengal gram ( Chana dal) 1 cup
- 2)Medium sized bottle gourd ( lauki )- Washed peeled and cubed to small pieces
- 3)Oil - 2 tbsp
- 4)Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- 5)1/2 tsp ginger paste
- 6)Turmeric powder
- 7)Red cilly powder - 1 tsp
- 8)Coriander powder - 2 tsp
- 9)Asfoetida - A pinch
- 10)2 Green chillies finely chpped( optional)
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
1) Soak washed chana dal ( bengal split gram) for 1/2 hour minimum.
2)Heat pressure cooker add the oil.When the oil ishot add the cumin seeds, let it splutter.Add asafoetida, ginger paste, green chillies (optional). Saute add the drained soaked chana dal, bottle gourd.Mix well.Add turmeric, red chilly powder, salt, corainder.
3)Add 2 cups water, mix. Close lid of pressure cooker, cook for 3-4 whistles.
4) After that carefully open the pressure cooker when all steam has been let out, mash up the dal with help of whisk ( used to whisk batter when making cakes).Add fresh coriander leaves.
5)Serve with roti or rice.
You'll also love
- Lentil Curryy 2 3.2/5 (305 Votes)
- CINNNAMON ROLLS 4/5 (102 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Recipe for bacon-wrapped,... 3.6/5 (138 Votes)
- Quick Magic Crustless Quiche 4.3/5 (116 Votes)
- Eggplant Nuggets 3.7/5 (127 Votes)
- Halloween Soufflé 3.1/5 (227 Votes)
- Maxx O' Pumpkin 3.6/5 (165 Votes)
- Baked Shrimp with Noodles 4.7/5 (85 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.