Cheese, Spinach and Dried Fruit Purses
By Valerie , blog La francesa aux fourneaux
- 8 oz pizza dough
- 1/4 cup of spinach
- 1/2 cup of Fourme d'Ambert (if you cannot find substitute with blue or roquefort)
- 1 dozen hazelnuts
- 1 handful of raisins
- 2 pinches of grated nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp white peppercorns
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil (optional)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 400 ° F
- Coarsely chop the nuts with a knife on a wooden cutting board, set aside.
- Chop spinach coarsely and set aside.
- Crumble the cheese and set aside.
- Crush the cumin in a mortar with pepper, add nutmeg, mix, pour into a small bowl, reserve in a handy place on the countertop.
- Spread dough on a lightly floured surface.
- With a cookie cutter punch circles about 4cm in diameter and then spread them on the work area. Prepare a small cup or ramekin with a little water on hand for your work station.
Make the purses:
- Place a small amount of spinach in the center of each circle.
- add 2 or 3 raisins
- season with nutmeg mixture, cumin and pepper each circle
- add some cheese to each circle
- finishing with a little crushed hazelnuts in the center of each circle
- moisten the edges of each circle
- turn 1/3 of the dough inward, another third and then the third and pinch the edges of the outside to inside each circle.
- Place on oiled baking sheet, floured or lined with parchment paper or on a silicone plate.
Lower the oven to 350 ° F and bake 10 minutes. The purses must be cooked without being too dry. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Lauki Chana Dal ( Bottle gourd &... 2.6/5 (242 Votes)
- Frankie - kathi roll 4.7/5 (4 Votes)
- Tomato Gazpacho with Sardines 4.1/5 (49 Votes)
- Creamed Spinach 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Hot spinach dip 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Cesar Salad 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Zucchini and blue cheese tart 3.9/5 (51 Votes)
- Apple Dumpling Desert 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!