- 1 bag of Whole wheat flour
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
Slowly pour all of the flour into a big bowl, adding water and mix both with your hand.
When all is mixed well, you will end up with a big ball.
Leave the ball in the and add water until it covers the ball.
Cover the bowl filled with water and place it aside for 24 hours.
The next day, remove the cover and empty out the water. Now you are going to wash the ball slowly with clean water.
When you are done washing the ball, it will be greatly reduced in size. What is left over is the gluten.
From here you can cut the ball in slices and cook in tomatoe sauce.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!