Chocolate Walnut Silk Pie
- 1 cup walnuts
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate milk (I made my own to avoid the sugary pre-packaged stuff)
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup of sugar free maple syrup
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Puree everything in a food processor (I used my Vitamix) until VERY smooth, with no visible pieces remaining. This is a "silk" pie, so everything must be uniform throughout. Bake in a pie pan for 70-80 mins, or until almost set. (The pie will finish setting while cooling.)
Result-absolutely delicious!!! Feel free to add more sweetener if after you taste-test the batter and you desire more sweetness, but the milk and syrup should be enough!
You'll also love
- Chocolate and Raspberry Puff... 2.7/5 (5 Votes)
- whisky cocktail dessert 2.7/5 (17 Votes)
- Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips 2.9/5 (76 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Homemade Lemon Meringue Pie 3.1/5 (9 Votes)
- No-Bake Lime Chiffon Pie 2.7/5 (19 Votes)
- Pastry with Bean Paste 2.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Molasses Cookies 2.9/5 (108 Votes)
- Carolyn's Hungarian Kalach 3/5 (7 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!