Whisler's Chocolate Silk Pie
- Pie Crust:
- Pillsbury refrigerated crust (baked it according to package directions)
- Chocolate Filling:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup good cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs (pasteurize)
- 1 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons of powder sugar
- Whip Topping:
- 1/2 pt. Heavy whipping cream
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- Chocolate shavings
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
In a large bowl, beat the sugar and butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 4 - 5 minutes.
In a small bowl mix together the chocolate, canola oil, and vanilla then combine it with the butter mixture.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating 5 minutes for each egg (total of 10 minutes for 2 eggs) scraping the sides of bowl as needed.
In medium cold bowl combine heavy cream and confectioners sugar. Beat until soft peaks form then fold it in the chocolate filling
Spoon chocolate mixture into cool pie shell.
For the topping, in a medium cold bowl beat the heavy cream, (Becareful not to over beat or else it will get too thick like butter.) When it begins to thicken, add sugar and vanilla. Top pie with whipped cream, and decorate with chocolate shavings.
Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
3 (1-ounce) squares of unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled, can be substituted for the cocoa powder and the canola oil.
Which is 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder and 1 tablespoon of canola oil, equals to 1 ounce square of baking chocolate.
You'll also love
- Orange/Pineapple Delight 2.8/5 (15 Votes)
- Quiche 2.8/5 (14 Votes)
- Cheerwine Pound Cake 3.2/5 (23 Votes)
- No-Bake Lime Chiffon Pie 2.7/5 (19 Votes)
- Coffee Viennese 2.8/5 (10 Votes)
- Easy moist chocolate cake 2.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Christmas Fudge 3.1/5 (18 Votes)
- Malted Hot Cocoa With Toasted... 2.7/5 (13 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for something indulgent? These velvety chocolate beetroot cakes will hit the spot.
- 1.3 cups beetroot
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4/5 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Melted dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the beetroot, eggs, oil and lemon juice in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar.
- Add the blended beetroot mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into silicone cake moulds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until you a pick comes out clean.
- Top with melted dark chocolate, and enjoy!