5 Ingredients Are All You Need to Make this Epic Cheesecake
British chef, Jamie Oliver, knows all about how to impress with minimal effort! His delicious chocolate cheesecake requires only 5 ingredients, so why not give it a go this weekend?
Simple But Delicious!
American cheesecake is enjoyed worldwide, and is a dessert fave when entertaining guests.
With so many varieties, from fruity tastes such as raspberry and lemon, to more indulgent flavors such as chocolate and caramel, it's impossible to stop your mouth watering!
Here's our fave recipe from Jamie Oliver, a chocolate cheesecake sensation made with only 5 ingredients. Let's go!
- 2 1/2 cups oat cookies
- 2 cups cream cheese
- 1 cup dark chocolate (roughly chopped)
- 8 overripe bananas
- 1 cup dulce de leche (milk caramel cream)
Grease an 8-inch cake pan and line with parchement paper. Brush the paper with vegetable oil.
- Boil a pot of water, and place a bowl on top. Put half of the chocolate in a bowl so that it melts.
- Put the cookies in a seperate bowl, along with 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Blend in 10 second intervals using an immersion blender. The cookies should be a sandy texture.
- Add the melted chocolate, and mix again.
- Pour the cookie chocolate mix into the cake pan. Evenly layer the mixture so that it's 1cm thick.
- Peel the bananas and break into coarse pieces. In a bowl, blend the cream cheese and dulce de leche until a creamy concistency is achieved.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into the cake pan, over the cookie chocolate mix.
- Put in the freezer overnight, and place in the refridgerator 2 hours before serving.
- Before serving, sprinkle over the remaining chocolate.
- Serve and enjoy!
More steaming articles
35 Juicy Burgers to Grill This Summer No-Fuss Weeknight Wonders That'll... The Lazy Cook's Guide to Fast Weeknight...
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Strawberry Cheesecake Bites
This no-bake dessert is so quick, so easy, and oh so delicious!
- 12 strawberries
- 8 oz cream cheese (1 package)
- 1/2 cup powedered sugar
- 4 small graham crackers
- Hull the strawberries.
- In a bowl, mix the cream cheese and sugar.
- Fill each strawberry with the cheesecake filling.
- Smash the graham crackers and sprinkle on top.
- Serve and enjoy!
Comment on this article