Meredith's Blue Ribbon Cookies
Sweet chocolate, nutty coconut, and the healthy goodness of oats...mmmmmmmmm!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 4 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1 cup coconut
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 9mins
Cost Average budget
Cream together butter and sugars. Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
In separate bowl, mix together flour, soda, powder, and salt. Add to wet mix and mix well. Add coconut, oats, and chocolate chips. Mix well.
Spray cookie sheet with Pam and make SMALL cookies and flatten down a little bit. Bake 9 to 10 minutes at 350.
You'll also love
- Melon Sorbet with lime and rosemary 3/5 (32 Votes)
- Rice Pudding 2.9/5 (13 Votes)
- Chocolate Banana Milk Shake 2.9/5 (11 Votes)
- Noix Japonaises 2.9/5 (14 Votes)
- Chocolate Stout Cake 2.8/5 (19 Votes)
- Coconut Milk 2.9/5 (13 Votes)
- Susan's Thimble Cookies 2.9/5 (9 Votes)
- Bacon Peanut Butter Strips 2.8/5 (17 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.