Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Crumb Top Bars
Think of your favorite oatmeal cookie, topped with freshly cooked apples and cinnamon covered in a sweet crunchy topping PLUS a sweet drizzle glaze.
- Crust and topping
- 3/4 cup butter
- room temp
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Apple Filling
- 3 granny smith apples
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 TBSP brown sugar
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 TBSP milk
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Grease a 13x9 pan and preheat the oven for 350 degrees.
Mix your crust/crumb ingredients well and reserve 1 cup. Now press the mix in the pan and bake for 15 minutes.
While this is baking, step two.
Peel, core and small chop the apples. Place these 4 ingredients into a skillet. Do not add any liquid as the apples cook they will sweat. Adding liquid will create too much liquid which will make the crust soggy. We want thick saucy apples not runny. Cook these for about 7 minutes.
When the crust has baked 15 minutes remove it from the oven. Pour and spread the apples over the crust. Now add 1/3 cup chopped pecans (optional) over the apples and sprinkle the remaining/set aside crumb mix.
Bake another 15 minutes
Allow to cool for 15 minutes
Drizzle with glaze
You'll also love
- Dutch Apple Crumbed Pie 3.7/5 (142 Votes)
- Jewish Apple Cake 4.3/5 (97 Votes)
- Cinnamon Toast, the Pioneer Woman... 4.4/5 (84 Votes)
- Baby Food: Apple and Oat Puree 4.7/5 (55 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn This spiced French toast recipe... 4.6/5 (55 Votes)
- Apple Knobby Cake (Mrs. Cheney's... 3.1/5 (159 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Cinnamon French toast 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.