- 1 ¼ cup oatmeal
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¾ butter
- ¼ cup corn syrup
- ¾ cup chocolate chips (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Measure all dry ingredients into a medium sized bowl, mix well.
In a small pan melt butter and add syrup to this and blend.
Mix syrup mixture in with dry ingredients.
Cool a bit before adding chocolate chips.
Spread mixture on a baking sheet. It will be thin so it may be necessary to wet hands with water and pat to spread evenly.
Bake 12-15 minutes until golden brown at 350 degrees.
Mark into squares while warm and then let cool.
Finish cutting into squares when cool.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.