- 2 cups smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1-1/2 pounds confectioners' sugar
- 1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cake paraffin wax (see Note)
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
In a large bowl, combine peanut butter and butter; mix until smooth. Gradually add confectioners' sugar,
stirring until thoroughly mixed. Form mixture into 1-inch balls, place on a waxed, paper-lined, rimmed
baking sheet, and chill for 1 hour.
In a double boiler over medium heat, or in a saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips and paraffin
wax, stirring until smooth. Stick a toothpick in the center of each peanut butter ball and dip each threequarters
of the way into the chocolate mixture, coating all sides except the top quarter. Place on the
prepared baking sheet and remove toothpick. Using your finger, fill in the hole left by the toothpick.
After dipping all the peanut butter balls, cover, and chill, or freeze until ready to serve.
Cake paraffin wax is commonly used in chocolate to assist in the
process of melting and keep it solid at room temperature. You should be able to find
paraffin wax at your grocery store in the aisle where canning supplies and jars are sold.
You may also find it in the aisle where baking supplies are sold.
You'll also love
- Crunchies 2.9/5 (24 Votes)
- M&M Cookie Bars 2.9/5 (14 Votes)
- Healthy Halloween hehehe cookies 2.9/5 (13 Votes)
- Sausage Balls 3.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Thai Salad 2.9/5 (14 Votes)
- Spinach Balls 2.9/5 (20 Votes)
- Chocolate Pumpkin Chip Cookies 2.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Pear Pie 2.8/5 (11 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.
Review this recipe