Take regular boxed brownies to a whole new level, or use your own favorite brownie recipe and add a delicious kick.
- 1 Box Brownie mix (or your favorite brownie recipe)
- 8 oz Semisweet Chocolate
- 1C Heavy Cream
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Average budget
Bake brownies according to directions on box (or according to your favorite recipe).
Place chocolate in a heat-resistant bowl. Heat the heavy cream to just before boiling, remove from heat and pour over chocolate chips, whisking until all chocolate is melted. Immediately pour over baked brownies. Let ganache cool before digging in.
Ganache is great over just about anything from fruit to cakes to cookies, and super easy to make. Try different chocolates (peppermint chocolate, semi-sweet, milk chocolate) for different flavors
You'll also love
- Mom's Boozy Plum Pudding with Hard... 2.9/5 (16 Votes)
- Beet root pops 2.9/5 (16 Votes)
- Quick and Easy Chocolate Pudding 2.9/5 (21 Votes)
- 2-Ingredient Holiday Hot Chocolate 3.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Dreamy Chocolate Dessert 2.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Easy moist chocolate cake 2.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Brownies 2.9/5 (12 Votes)
- Boston Cream Pie Cupcakes 2.7/5 (6 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Two of your favorite desserts come together...in the most DELICIOUS of ways!
- 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chunks or chips
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 320°F.
- Add the chocolate and butter to an oven-safe mixing bowl and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove, and set the oven to preheat to 350°F. The mixture should now be a thin chocolate sauce.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Add the egg and stir until blended.
- Add vanilla and stir.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the flour, a pinch of salt, a pinch of sugar, and cocoa powder.
- Blend the ingredients together.
- Using a sifter, add the dry ingredients into the chocolate batter, then mix all ingredients together thoroughly.
- Pour half of the mixture into a foil-lined baking tin.
- Smooth out the batter, then top with a layer of Oreo cookies.
- Pour the rest of the batter on top and smooth evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve and enjoy!