The 7 essential tips for the perfect fruit salad
Fruit salad is a delicious and healthy dessert option for summertime. Here are the essential things you need to do for the best fruit salad ever!
Seasonal is key
The secret to a great fruit salad is using seasonal fruits. High-quality, extra fresh and perfectly ripe fruits are what you're aiming for. For winning combinations, in winter think of pineapple/clementine/kiwi and in summer try apricot/strawberry/plum. Contrasting colors are also a great way to improve your fruit salad; why not try orange/kiwi or plum/apple for an impressive color palette?
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.