No-Bake Lime Chiffon Pie
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin (2 teaspoons)
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/2 cup fat-free sweetened condensed milk (from 14-oz can)
- 2 drops green food color, if desired
- 1 drop yellow food color, if desired
- 4 cups frozen (thawed) fat-free whipped topping (from 12-oz container)
- 1 graham cracker crumb crust (6 oz)
- 2 thin lime slices, cut into quarters, if desired
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 120mins
Cost Average budget
1. In 1-quart saucepan, place lime juice; sprinkle with gelatin. Let stand 1 minute to soften. Heat over medium heat about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until gelatin is dissolved. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Stir in lime peel.
2. In medium bowl, mix condensed milk and food colors. Stir in lime juice mixture. Using rubber spatula, fold in all but 1/4 cup of the whipped topping. Spread in pie crust, smoothing top. Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours or until firm.
3. Before serving, garnish pie with remaining 1/4 cup whipped topping and lime slices.
You'll also love
- Jelly Worms! 4/5 (16 Votes)
- Coastal Coconut Key Lime Coolers 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Pumpkin Chiffon Pie 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- DO NOT PRINT 2.3/5 (54 Votes)
- Easy Apple Crisp 2.8/5 (13 Votes)
- POT PIE TARTS 2.8/5 (9 Votes)
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cookies 2.8/5 (7 Votes)
- Vegan/ Gluten Free Raw Lime Mousse... 3/5 (33 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!