10 knock-out desserts your kids can bring to school
Whether for birthdays or holiday parties, send your kids to school with these delectable treats—their classmates will worship them!
Mini M&M's brownies
Brownies are a terrific bring-to-school option because they're easy to transport and can be eaten without plates and silverware. Plus, kids absolutely adore them, and this version with Mini M&M's adds a colorful, festive touch.
To make these Mini M&M's brownies, melt 1 cup dark chocolate, add 3/4 cup sugar, 1/2 cup or 1 stick of melted butter, 1/3 cup all-purpose flour, 3 eggs one-by-one and a pinch of salt. Mix well, and pour into a buttered-and-floured square baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes at 350° F. Let cool completely. Then cover with a chocolate glaze, and sprinkle with Mini M&M's. Cut into even-sized squares, and store in an airtight container.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Zebra Muffins are adorable and delicious!
- Olive Oil
- Baking Powder
- Separate egg whites from yolk
- Whisk egg whites then add sugar, then set aside
- Put egg yolks in another bowl and whisk with sugar
- Mix in olive oil and milk
- Add whipped egg whites and fold into mixture with a spatula
- Divide into two new bowls
- Pour cocoa powder into one bowl and vanilla extra into the other
- Put vanilla mixture into each well of muffin tin
- Add a smaller layer of the cocoa mixture.
- Keep layering then top with the smallest layer of vanilla
- Put in oven and bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees