How You Like Them Apples, Nancy?
- Any kind of red (non-tart) apple
- Cinnamon (stick or powder)
- Raisins (optional)
- Zero calorie sweetener (Splenda
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Average budget
Wash and core the apples.
Place the apples in a pot with about an inch or two of water.
Fill the whole where the core was with raisins (optional).
Sprinkle the apples with cinnamon or place a cinnamon stick inside the center of the apple.
Dust with a touch of sweetener.
Cook until the apples are soft – your fork will help you know when it’s done.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
This French tarte tatin is golden, caramelized apple perfection!
- 1 puff pastry
- 6 apples, sliced
- 3 oz. chilled butter, chopped into chunks
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Roll out a puff pastry.
- Lay out the apple slices in a pan.
- Add chunks of butter on top of the apples.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar on top.
- Cook for 20 minutes in oven at 350°F, to caramelize the apples.
- Place puff pastry on top of the caramelized apples.
- Cook for 15 minutes at 350°F.