- 4 large apples
- 1 cup raisins
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Wash and core the apples.
Score the apples by running a knife through the skin. Do not cut too deeply or the apple will fall apart during the cooking. Scoring the skin will make it easier to eat the apple with a spoon for dessert.
Place the apples into an oven proof glass pie plate and fill the centres with raisins.
Add 1/2 inch of water to the bottom of the pan and place in the oven.
Bake at 375 for 40 - 45 mins or until softened.
Remove from heat and let cool before serving.
Drizzle the top of each apple with a little maple syrup and top with cinnamon.
You'll also love
- Easy Pie Crust 3.1/5 (246 Votes)
- Sides- Carrot Achar 2.9/5 (17 Votes)
- Booger Hollow Mac and Cheese 2.9/5 (17 Votes)
- Raspberries and Blackberries Bread... 2.9/5 (24 Votes)
- Vegan Club Sandwich 2.9/5 (9 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Dip with Cookie Pie... 2.9/5 (9 Votes)
- Broccoli Salad with Sunflower Seeds 2.8/5 (18 Votes)
- Pot Pie 3.2/5 (22 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.