Baked Cinnamon Apples with Sea Salted Caramel & Apple Butter
There is nothing more comforting than the aroma of baked cinnamon apples coming from the kitchen on a crisp fall day. It always reminds me of my mama and of home.
- 4 Honey Crisp or other good Baking Apple - Cored and centers removed and reserved for other use
- 4 TBSP. Golden Raisins
- 4 TBSP. Brown Sugar
- 4 TBSP. Walnuts or Toasted Pecans - Your preference - reserve 1 tbsp. for topping
- 1 PKT. Cinnamon Apple or Cinnamon Roll Oatmeal
- 2 TBSP. Cinnamon
- 1 TSP. Nutmeg
- 4 TBSP Butter
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 Cups Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- 4 TBSP. Salted Caramel Ice Cream Topping
- 4 TBSP Apple Butter - reserved
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
In a mixing bowl, mix brown sugar, raisins, nuts, oatmeal, and spices.
Stuff cored apples with mixture and place in a baking dish.
Lightly pour apple juice and wine over apples into the baking dish. Top apples with butter
Bake at 375 for about 45 minutes.
Remove from oven and top with ice cream, Sea Salted Caramel Ice Cream Topping and Melted Apple Butter. Sprinkle with reserved nuts.
Serve and enjoy!
Serve warm so all flavors are at their peak.