How To Make Dried Fruit At Home
Dried fruit is a tasty, nutritious snack that's perfect for when you're on the go. However, some dried fruit can be expensive or hard to find. Luckily, there's an easy way to make it at home!
HEALTHY SNACKING, ALL YEAR ROUND
Dried fruit is not only a healthy and convenient snack — it's also a clever way to save money on groceries and extend the life of your leftover produce! That way you can enjoy fruit no matter the season.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!