Delicious Seasonal Fruit and Veg to Try This August
Happy August! Summer is in full swing, and this month, our markets will be full of the juciest produce. From stone fruits to sweet berries, there's so much to try.
With the hot weather, you're going to want fruits and veggies that will help keep you hydrated, and we're here to tell you what will be on offer over the next 31 days!
© Getty Images / GSPictures
This sweet fruit is an all-round talent. Not only is it a real treat raw, dried, cooked and baked, it is also super rich in vitamins, particularly vitamin C.
From May through August, apricots are in abundance thoughout the United States, so why not make the most of them this month and try out our recipe for a classic apricot pie?
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!