RECALL: 57 Tons of Frozen Food Products Recalled
(June 28, 2017) Lam Sheng Kee has recalled certain batches of their frozen fish products to potential allergen risk.
The recall was announced after the company discovered that the packaging does not declare egg on the label. For certain individuals, exposure could trigger life-threatening allergic reactions.
The frozen products have been distributed to retail stores in the following states: Pennsylvania, New York, Virginia, Texas, Michigan and North Carolina.
- Lam Sheng Kee Frozen Fish Tofu NET WEIGHT: 240g (8.5OZ)
UPC CODE: 4712757550542
- Lam Sheng Kee Frozen Fried Fish Ball NET WEIGHT: 227g (8OZ)
UPC CODE: 4712757550535
- Lam Sheng Kee Frozen White Fish Ball NET WEIGHT: 32.1OZ (910g)
UPC CODE: 9555123702252
Steps to Take
No illnesses connected to the recall have been reported, but consumers should take the necessary precautions.
If you have purchased any of these products, you may return them to the place of purchase for a full refund.
For any further questions, you may contact the company Lam Sheng Kee at 1-718-501-1577. Mon-Fri: 08:30AM-5:00PM.
The FDA also encourages consumers with questions about food safety to call 1-888-SAFEFOOD, or to consult http://www.fda.gov.
Click here to get all of the facts about recalls and food safety in the US.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.
Comment on this article