Stuffed Chicken Breasts Cordon Bleu
Master this classic Stuffed Chicken Breast Cordon Bleu dish in a flash!
- large boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 1/4 to 1 1/2 lb)
- cup finely shredded Swiss cheese (1 oz)
- cup finely chopped ham (1 oz)
- tablespoons real bacon pieces (from 2.8-oz package)
- tablespoons butter, melted
- cup Progresso® plain dry bread crumbs
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
Heat oven to 350°F. To form pocket in each chicken breast, cut 3-inch-long slit in thick side of each breast, cutting into breast about 2 inches and to within 1/2 inch of opposite side.
In small bowl, mix cheese, ham and bacon. Spoon evenly into pockets in chicken; secure openings with toothpicks.
Place melted butter in shallow dish. Place bread crumbs on sheet of waxed paper. Dip each stuffed chicken breast in butter; roll in bread crumbs to coat. Place in ungreased 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish. Sprinkle any remaining bread crumbs over chicken.
Bake 30 minutes or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F). Remove toothpicks before serving.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Green Peppers 4.3/5 (41 Votes)
- Overstuffed Chicken Taco 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Mozzarella Stuffed Garlic Rolls 4.4/5 (32 Votes)
- Cornflake chicken 4.5/5 (65 Votes)
- Southern Fried Chicken with Corn... 4.1/5 (39 Votes)
- Easy Chicken Rice Soup 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Roast Chicken Stuffed Potatoes... 4.1/5 (32 Votes)
- Open Faced Chicken Cordon Bleu... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.