Pepper Chicken Masala
Chicken in spicy pepper masala. Perfect side dish for rice, roti and dosa
- chicken - 1/2 kg (with bone / bone less)
- pepper powder - 2 and 1/2 tea spoons
- salt - as per taste
- Onions -2 medium
- Tomato - 2 medium
- Green chili - 1 medium
- turmeric powder - 1/4 tea spoon
- Garlic - 3-4 cloves (crushed or finely chopped)
- Ginger - 1 inch (crushed or finely chopped)
- Ghee - 1 tea spoon
- coconut milk - 1/4 cup(thick one)
- Coriander leaves - a handful
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
1. Wash and drain water from chicken and marinate with Pepper, salt and turmeric and keep aside for 30 mins.
2. In a pan, heat oil and saute green chili and Onion until the onions are getting transparent .
3.Then add, sliced tomatoes to it and saute until they blend and all the water gets observed.
4. Then add finely chopped ginger to it and saute well until the raw smell leaves
5. Add the marinated chicken to it and saute for a while, (this helped the chicken to blend with the masala well)
6. add half a cup of water to it,stir and close with a lid and keep the flame in simmer, and let it cook until the chicken is tender. (for me it took about 40 mins).
7. Add the coconut milk and crushed garlic and mix well.
8.Add a tea spoon of ghee and switch off the flame, garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves .
9. Serve hot with your choice of Rice or Chapati.
1. If you like a dry pepper chicken, before you add the coconut milk, open the lid and cook for another
5 mins or until it becomes thick.
2. If you want pepper chicken in slight grey color (pepper color), then do not add the turmeric powder.
You'll also love
- Shrimp stir fry 4.2/5 (28 Votes)
- Dark Chocolate Chili 4.2/5 (64 Votes)
- Chicken with Garlic and Olives 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Dale's Chicken and Noodle Casserole 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Asian Chicken Salad 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- KADI 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Porikadalai urundai 4.6/5 (38 Votes)
- Chicken Biriyani 4.2/5 (24 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.