The best turmeric chicken recipes - 6 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Make that special someone swoon with these adorable, delicious bacon potato roses!
Top rated Turmeric chicken recipes
Tandoori Chicken 1. Poke raw chicken thighs in several places with a fork
- Tandoori Chicken
- 10 large boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 21/4 lbs / 1.1 kg)
- ½ cup bottled Tandoori marinade (see Tip)
- Butter Chicken Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 ½ cups chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 ½ tablespoons grated gingerroot
- 1 ½ teaspoons chili powder
- ¾ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¾ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can (28 oz/798 mL) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 ½ cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup light sour cream (not fat-free)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon cashew/almond butter (Tip)
- Hot cooked basmati rice (optional)
10 Reasons Why You Should Eat Turmeric Everyday
Turmeric is the cancer-fighting, antioxidant-boosting, beauty-enhancing wonder spice you've been missing out on!
1)Marinate the washed and bite sized cut chicken with all the above mentioned spices (2-13)
- 1)Trimmed and ready chicken tenderloins - 1.18 lb appox
- 2)Turmeric - 1 and1/2 tsp
- 3)Ginger garlic paste - 1 1/2 tbsp
- 4)Coriander powder - 2 tbsp
- 5)Red chilli powder - 1 tbsp
- 6)Garam masala powder - 2 tsp
- 7)Kitchen king masala - 2 tsp
- 8)Whole black pepper corn - 2 tsp
- 9)Biriyani/tandoori masala - 1 tbsp
- 10)Clove pieces - 4 to 5
- 11)Salt - as per taste (approx 1 tbsp)
- 12)Kashmiri red chilli powder -1 tbsp (reduce to 1 tsp if you want less spice)
- 13)Shahi jeera or cumin seeds - 1 tbsp
- 14)2 cups of washed basmati rice
25 Tummy-Pleasing Recipes For Turmeric
Impressed by the health benefits of turmeric, but not sure how to get more of it into your diet? Start with these tummy-pleasing recipes!
Pepper Chicken Masala
By Tanyadesigan, Easy and Simple Foods
Chicken in spicy pepper masala
- chicken - 1/2 kg (with bone / bone less)
- pepper powder - 2 and 1/2 tea spoons
- salt - as per taste
- Onions -2 medium
- Tomato - 2 medium
- Green chili - 1 medium
- turmeric powder - 1/4 tea spoon
- Garlic - 3-4 cloves (crushed or finely chopped)
- Ginger - 1 inch (crushed or finely chopped)
- Ghee - 1 tea spoon
- coconut milk - 1/4 cup(thick one)
- Coriander leaves - a handful
Chicken biryani south Indian style
Soak basmati rice for 45 min In a pan add oil and butter
- Basmati rice 1 cup
- Oil 4 tbsp.
- Butter 2 tbsp.
- Bay leaf 1
- Cinnamon 1 inch
- Cloves 2
- Cardamom 2
- Fennel seeds 1 tbsp.
- Star anise 1
- Onions 2
- Tomato 1
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp.
- Green chili 2
- Cilantro ¼ cup
- Mint ¼ cup
- Chicken ½ kg
- Red chili powder 1 tbsp.
- Coriander powder ½ tbsp.
- Cumin powder ½ tbsp.
- Turmeric ½ tsp
- Salt 1 tsp (adjust as per your taste)
- Curd 1 tbsp.
- Water 2 cups
- Lime juice 1 tbsp.
30 Things You Didn't Know You Could Make With Maple Syrup
Maple syrup isn't just for pancakes anymore. Upgrade your life with these exquisite maple-lovin' recipes.
Marinate the chicken, apply coriander powder, cumin powder, red chili powder, salt, turmeric, garam masala powder, ...
- Chicken legs 2 Pieces
- Coriander Powder ½ tsp
- Cumin Powder ½ tsp
- Red Chili Powder ½ tsp
- Salt ½ tsp
- Turmeric ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder ½ tsp
- Ginger garlic paste ½ tsp
- Kasoori methi ½ tsp
- Pepper powder ½ tsp
- Red color ½ tsp
- Lime Juice ½ tbsp.
- Oil 1 tbsp.
- Curd 3 tbsp.
By Nishkitchen, Nish Kitchen
Easy baked tandoori chicken
- 1 kg boneless chicken, cut into big pieces (I used chicken thigh)
- 1 tsp ground turmeric (turmeric powder)
- 1½ tsp ground coriander (coriander powder)
- ½ tsp ground fennel (fennel powder)
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp ground black pepper (black pepper powder)
- 1 tsp dried fenugreek leaves
- 3 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 3 tbsp natural yogurt
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tsp minced garlic (garlic paste)
- 1 tsp minced ginger (ginger paste)
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste