Easy baked tandoori chicken.
- 1 kg boneless chicken, cut into big pieces (I used chicken thigh)
- 1 tsp ground turmeric (turmeric powder)
- 1½ tsp ground coriander (coriander powder)
- ½ tsp ground fennel (fennel powder)
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp ground black pepper (black pepper powder)
- 1 tsp dried fenugreek leaves
- 3 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 3 tbsp natural yogurt
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tsp minced garlic (garlic paste)
- 1 tsp minced ginger (ginger paste)
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 250C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Set aside.
Place chicken in a large bowl. Add turmeric, coriander, garam masala, black pepper, paprika, red chili powder, fennel, garlic, ginger, yogurt, lemon juice and oil. Season with salt. Toss the chicken well in the spices. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight if possible.
Arrange chicken in the tray in a single layer. Bake for 45 -50 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Serve with naan or rice, mint chutney (recipe link below) and sliced red onions, cucumbers and tomatoes.
You'll also love
- white bean 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Easy Chicken and Dumplings 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- The Indian Raita recipe 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Chicken- Saucy Peri Peri 4/5 (26 Votes)
- Chicken Roast with Ginger 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Onion Curry (negative calorie) 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Fluffy chicken meatballs with... 4.1/5 (19 Votes)
- Tandoori Chicken 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Check out our delicious spin on the classic Brazilian cake, with Fererro Rochers and Kit-Kat!
For the batter:
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil
- 1 cup of of natural yogurt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
For the frosting:
- 2 cups chocolate chunks
- 3 cans of condensed milk
- 2 and 1/2 cups thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- In a pan, melt together the condensed milk, the chocolates in pieces and the butter. Slowly fold in the thickened cream. Mix, without stopping, until it is smooth and thick.
- Transfer to the refrigerator and allow to cool for 1 hour.
- In a bowl, mix together the eggs and sugar. Add the oil and mix again.
- In another bowl mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and the bicarbonate soda. Pour in the egg mixture, mix together, then add the yogurt.
Grease and sprinkle cocoa powder inside two springform pans. Divide the batter mixture between them, then bake at 360°F for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove the cakes from the oven, and allow to cool.
- Spread some of the frosting between the layers of the cake, and generously spread around the outside.
- Decorate the cake with Kit Kats, extra frosting and Fererro Rochers, in your style!
For more food buzz and delightful recipes, follow us on Facebook!
Review this recipe