Recipe - 4 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Check out our delicious spin on the classic Brazilian cake, with Fererro Rochers and Kit-Kat!
For the batter:
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil
- 1 cup of of natural yogurt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
For the frosting:
- 2 cups chocolate chunks
- 3 cans of condensed milk
- 2 and 1/2 cups thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- In a pan, melt together the condensed milk, the chocolates in pieces and the butter. Slowly fold in the thickened cream. Mix, without stopping, until it is smooth and thick.
- Transfer to the refrigerator and allow to cool for 1 hour.
- In a bowl, mix together the eggs and sugar. Add the oil and mix again.
- In another bowl mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and the bicarbonate soda. Pour in the egg mixture, mix together, then add the yogurt.
Grease and sprinkle cocoa powder inside two springform pans. Divide the batter mixture between them, then bake at 360°F for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove the cakes from the oven, and allow to cool.
- Spread some of the frosting between the layers of the cake, and generously spread around the outside.
- Decorate the cake with Kit Kats, extra frosting and Fererro Rochers, in your style!
For more food buzz and delightful recipes, follow us on Facebook!
Top rated Recipe recipes
Savories- cheesy Tandoori Wraps
First, marinade the chicken
- 1 pound Boneless Chicken Pieces, cut into strips
- ½ teaspoon Ginger Paste
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Paste
- 3 tablespoons Plain Yoghurt
- ½ teaspoon Red Chilli Powder, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons Tandoori Powder
- Juice of ½ Lemon
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 Red Onion, peeled and finely sliced
- Tortilla Wraps
- Few handfuls Cheddar Cheese, grated
- Shredded Lettuce
- Sliced Tomatoes
Recipe: Chocolate Babka
Forget the bakery, stay home and make this babka instead.
Tandoori Chicken 1. Poke raw chicken thighs in several places with a fork
- Tandoori Chicken
- 10 large boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 21/4 lbs / 1.1 kg)
- ½ cup bottled Tandoori marinade (see Tip)
- Butter Chicken Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 ½ cups chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 ½ tablespoons grated gingerroot
- 1 ½ teaspoons chili powder
- ¾ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¾ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can (28 oz/798 mL) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 ½ cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup light sour cream (not fat-free)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon cashew/almond butter (Tip)
- Hot cooked basmati rice (optional)
RECIPE: Homemade Sriracha, as spicy as you like!
Few can resist the delicious combination of sweet, garlicky and spicy of Sriracha sauce ...
By Nishkitchen, Nish Kitchen
Easy baked tandoori chicken
- 1 kg boneless chicken, cut into big pieces (I used chicken thigh)
- 1 tsp ground turmeric (turmeric powder)
- 1½ tsp ground coriander (coriander powder)
- ½ tsp ground fennel (fennel powder)
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp ground black pepper (black pepper powder)
- 1 tsp dried fenugreek leaves
- 3 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 3 tbsp natural yogurt
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tsp minced garlic (garlic paste)
- 1 tsp minced ginger (ginger paste)
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
Buffalo Blue Cheese Potato Bites
By dizzybusyandhungry, Dizzy Busy and Hungry
The full recipe can be found at http://www
- 2 cups shredded russet Idaho® Potatoes (about 2 medium potatoes)
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup buffalo sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons blue cheese crumbles