Quick pickle recipe - 8 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Quick pickle recipe recipes
Philadelphia Cheese Ball with Pickles
Classic cheese ball with delicious Philly cream cheese and pickles will be the life of the party!
- 1 package (8oz) Philadelphia cream cheese
- 2 tbs mayo
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tbs sweet pickles chopped
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- chopped walnuts
Favorite Kiddie Fares Go Gourmet
Gourmandize is turning all your favorite childhood foods into amazing grown-up meals, gourmet style!
Dill Pickle Potato Salad
By happyfoodstube, Happy Foods Tube
Lighter dill pickle potato salad without mustard and vinegar
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- 4 Medium Carrots
- 2 lb Potatoes (low-starch ones
- if possible)
- 1 cup Dill Pickles
- 1/3 cup Pickle Juice
- ½ Medium Onion
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
Food Joke - Hot Dog
Grandma Riedthaler's Dill Pickles
Combine water, vinegar, and salt
- 24 to 30 cucumbers
- 1 part vinegar
- 3 parts water
- 4 tablespoons salt
- dill seasonings
- 3 to 6 garlic cloves
Oteen's "Bread and Butter Pickles"
This recipe comes from my grandmother's aunt, Oteen
- 1 gallon thin sliced cucumbers
- 8 small white onions
- half cup salt
- 5 cups sugar
- 5 cups vinegar
- one and a half tsp turmeric
- half tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp celery seed
- quarter tsp ginger
- quarter tsp allspice
25 game-changing hot dog recipes for baseball season
We're smack dab in the middle of baseball season, so hot dog sales must be booming. Try these 25 amazing frankfurter recipes at home today!
Рассольник - Pickle & Barley Soup
Bring the chicken broth to a boil
- 8-10 cups chicken broth (or beef
- or vegetable broth)
- ½ cup cooked meat
- pork (optional
- save from making broth or cook in the broth)
- 2-3 potatoes
- peeled and cut into small pieces
- ¼ cup pearled barley
- ½ Tablespoon butter
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 cup of vlasik or polish Dill pickles - shredded
MOTHER'S DILL PICKLES
Soak small pickling cucumbers overnight in COLD water (or 6-8 hrs) before canning
- 1 Qt Cider vinegar
- 3 Qts Water
- 1 Cup Canning salt
- Fresh dill heads
- Garlic buds
- Hot peppers
- 1/8 tsp Alum to each jar
bread and butter pickles
Combine cucumbers and peppers and onions in a large non-metalic pot and mix in salt and ice cubes
- 10 cups thinly sliced unpeeled cucumbers
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 3 large white onions thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup pickling salt(coarse salt)
- 4 trays ice cubes
- 3 cups white vinegar
- 4 cups white sugar
- 11/2 tsp each turmeric
- celery seed
- and mustard seed
grandpa's summertime pickles
By european cutie, European Cutie
Here is my grandpa's recipe for summertime pickles he always used to make after my grandparents would get back from
- 12 pickling cucumbers
- 2 cups water
- 1 3/4 cups distilled white vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups packed coarsely chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon pickling spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dill seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper