MOTHER'S DILL PICKLES
- 1 Qt Cider vinegar
- 3 Qts Water
- 1 Cup Canning salt
- Fresh dill heads
- Garlic buds
- Hot peppers
- 1/8 tsp Alum to each jar
Level of difficulty Difficult
Soak small pickling cucumbers overnight in COLD water (or 6-8 hrs) before canning.
Sterilize jars, rings & lids. Place 1 dill head, 1 pepper, 1 clove garlic, & 1/8 tsp Alum in bottom of each jar. Pack jar tightly with cucumbers & put another head of dill in top of jar.
OPTIONAL: (If available, I put 1 washed grape leaf on top of the dill before sealing. It holds the dill in well, & also seems to add flavor to the pickles, but it is not necessary.)
Bring vinegar, water & salt solution to boiling. Pour over cucumbers. Seal jars with hot water bath.
You'll also love
- Potato Pancakes 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Onion-cheese cake 4.1/5 (17 Votes)
- Kadambha urundai...A healthy mix. 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Crunchy Salmon Cakes with Greek... 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Tzatziki 4/5 (12 Votes)
- bread and butter pickles 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Grilled Dark Chocolate Sandwiches 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Pickeled Eggs 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!