Healthy substitutions included
- Potatoes (Yellow or red)
- Cooking oil
- Sour Cream
- Salt and Pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Grate potatoes and rinse.
Mix with 2 eggs, 1tbsp flour, salt and pepper.
Dice onions and stir in.
Heat a pan of cooking oil 1cm deep.
Form into circles and fry 2-3 at a time, 4-5 minutes each side.
Press both sides on paper towel to dry.
Serve with sour cream and applesauce.
1. Can bake them in oven at 425C flipping halfway through instead of frying.
2. If frying, cast iron pans work best for this.
3. Can substitute flour and egg for ground chia seed and water, and sour cream/applesauce for salsa.
You'll also love
- Thiruvaadhirai thaalatham...a gravy 4/5 (22 Votes)
- Cheeseburger Pie 3.8/5 (38 Votes)
- Goulash 4.1/5 (18 Votes)
- Baked Corn Chips 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Maxx's Mixed Meatballs 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Steph's Stir Fry 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Roasted Jerk Chicken and Potatoes 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Beef Stew 4/5 (21 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!