- 4 large russet potatoes
- 2 medium yellow onions
- 1/3 to ½ cup flour
- 2 eggs
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Ground white pepper, to taste
- Crisco or vegetable oil, for frying
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Peel potatoes and onions, and finely grate using a box grater or food processor
Place in a strainer set over a bowl and let excess water drain out
Add flour and eggs, and season with salt and white pepper; mix until evenly combined
Heat oil in an 8" skillet over medium heat. Deep enough to cook pancakes halfway through.
Working in batches, measure out ¼ cup potato mixture, add to skillet, and fry, flipping once, until golden brown and cooked through, about 8 minutes
Transfer to a paper towel-lined baking sheet, and repeat with more oil, as needed, and remaining potato mixture
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!