Quinoa Potato Cakes
Healthy, light and easy to prepare quinoa cake's. Can be used as snacks or meal. Can also be used as patties for burgers/fillings.
- 1 Cup Cooked Quinoa
- 1 Large Boiled Potato - Shredded
- ½ Cup Hung Yogurt - Make sure the yogurt is thick and there’s no water in it
- 3 Tbsp Water Chestnut Flour (Singhara Atta)*
- ½ Cup Fresh Coriander Leaves (Dhania Patta)
- 1 Tsp Ginger - Shredded
- 2 Green Chilies – Finely Chopped – Optional
- 1 Tsp Cumin Powder
- 2 Tsp Salt – I’m using sendha namak (Rock Salt used in fasts), you may use as per choice
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil – Oil as per taste and preference
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Grind coriander leaves, ginger and green chilies in a food mixer/grinder. Keep aside (Green Paste)
In a large bowl, mix green paste along with all the ingredients except oil.
Now mix/knead this mixture for 1-2minutes to evenly combine all the ingredients.
Make medium round tikki’s/cakes. (Makes approx 10 medium size tikki’s)
Heat 2tbsp oil in a nonstick pan on high for 1-2min.
Now place 4-5 tikki’s on the heated pan and cook evenly. Each side takes 2-3min (Medium brown in color). Follow the above step to cook rest of the tikki’s/cakes
* Water Chestnut Flour : I'm using it because of special diet however you can use plain flour or bread for binding.
You'll also love
- Recipewe ♡ Healthy Granola Bar 4.2/5 (26 Votes)
- Easy Beef Taco Salad 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Amelia's Potato Pancakes/Latkas 3.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Pudge the fish's sandwich 2.9/5 (16 Votes)
- Breadsticks with Parsley Pesto... 2.9/5 (285 Votes)
- Healthy Halloween hehehe cookies 2.9/5 (13 Votes)
- Grilled Yam Delights 2.9/5 (50 Votes)
- Easy 5 Ingredient Salad Dressing 2.9/5 (8 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.