Pop’s Potato Cakes
- 1 package or Soyrizo or 2 real Chorizo sausage
- 4 regular baking potatoes grated into fine strips
- 1 Egg
- 1 yellow onion diced
- Fresh Chives diced
- Black Pepper and Salt
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
First peel and then grate the potatoes into a medium sized bowl. Strain the grated potatoes to remove water. Remove the casing and add the Chorizo to the bowl, as well as, the diced onion, beaten egg, chives, and dash of salt and pepper. Stir to combine and then form into mini pancakes and cook in a greased pan until golden brown.
You'll also love
- Mixed Broccoli Salad with Grapes... 4.6/5 (3 Votes)
- Fresh Tomato Soup with Gin 4/5 (11 Votes)
- 2 Hour Buns 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Baked Cabbage and Potato Omelet 4.1/5 (30 Votes)
- Sunnyside hash 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Vegetarian Aloo Keema 4/5 (10 Votes)
- Baked Sausage 4.1/5 (29 Votes)
- Microwave potato chips 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!