- 6 Carrots - peeled and sliced
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 6 Potatoes - peeled and cut up
- 1 Rookworst
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Average budget
Place the potatoes, onions and carrots in a large pot. Poke rookworst with a fork a few times then place in pot with vegetables. Cover, bring to a boil. Turn down heat and simmer for 25-30 minutes.
Remove rookworst & place on a paper towel.
Drain vegetables & then mash. Slice up rookworst.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!